Blast from the past

I'm trying to start blogging again. I'm going to be here, Likeisaid at KCL, when I'm not here. I'm really having a hard time getting motivated but over at KCL I can work on layouts again and that's one of my favorite things to do, and it has a front page.

This was already posted there...

Today I decided to clean out my AOL favorites and get rid of all the old JS links. It still makes me sad to see the old names of journals and remember all the good times we had. Some are gone for good, I guess, and I miss them. I especially miss Silver-and-gold. Does he have a blog here or somewhere else?

So anyway, I ran across this link, Journalspace. I think it's a website that kept up with the activity on JS at some time. Anyway, I clicked on the link that said Wayback machine - see how Journalspace.com looked in the past. Oh boy, talk about turning on the waterworks! I saw the front pages and the old names and it made me very sad. Then I thought about KCL and how it's getting more and more like JS and I'm fine now.

I just thought you all might like a "Blast from the Past."

11 comments:

  Dorrie

April 3, 2009 at 10:52 PM

that's an interesting page... I'll check it out more later.

I had made some screen shots of JS for my "JS for Dummies" journal and I sent them to Matt a while back so he could use them as reference. He's doing a great job with KCL!

  Pastor Larry

April 4, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Nice to know where you are Betty.

  Anonymous

April 4, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Thanks for putting up that link! It was interesting getting a look at it. It was a bit before my time at JS but I did recognize a few!!

  Doug

April 4, 2009 at 8:06 AM

The 2006 page is all there is for my time there. I saw a few familiar names and profile pics.

  Xanadu

April 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I was wondering about Paul, too. Haven't seen him around. Hugs.

  NoWay

April 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I definately still miss old JS. I make an effort to keep blogging.
I really miss silver-and-gold too.
I am suprised he has not surfaced somewhere.

  SunTiger

April 16, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Spring cleaning the computer files . . . that's a perfect seasonal habit (I need to go do that too now!)

  Sunny

December 6, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Hey sweetie, are you and Paul still at your same address as last year? ( ie: Christmas cards :)

  Sunny

June 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM

((( Betty))) I just read the posting Dorrie put in her blog ~

I'm so sorry Paul is gone , passed on~ but he is in a much better place, now sweety.

May God give you and family Peace and healing, Hugs, Sunny

  Sunny

June 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM

And I just tried several times to post a comment to your KCL blog~ they would'nt let me ! :( So will comment here to you :) Love you, ((hugs))

PS ...you still have my email addy ? send me a email and I will send you my phone number and give you a call.

  Fijufic

May 24, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Betty - Just a note to let you know that you are missed in this dimension.

Love,
Bobby