Spring is here, new life begins

I always look forward to Spring and the coming of the eagle cams! Right now there are cameras on two nests in BC. I can't wait to see the little eaglets emerge from their shells and start to grow. It's been something I've looked forward to every Spring since 2006.

Here's the Sidney mom and dad. They take turns sitting on the two eggs and bringing their mate food while they brood.
Photobucket


And here's the Hornby Island mom (or dad, it's hard to tell sometimes) waiting to be relieved for a while. They have one egg but we're expecting another any day.

Photobucket


It's so interesting, and sometimes heartbreaking, to watch the little ones grow and learn to fly. Last year was too exciting. If you remember I posted about the eaglet falling out of the nest and other things. I hope this year is calm.

This is the link to the forum. If you want to watch the cams just click on live cams.
Eagle forum

6 comments:

  Xanadu

March 25, 2009 at 8:59 PM

A building across the highway from us has a falcon nest outside one of the windows, so there is now a live cam where you can watch the development of the young. I don't know what the link is, but Jamie has been checking it out occasionally. Those are so fun to watch. I've seen the adult falcon sometimes when we go to the store.Hugs.

  Dorrie

March 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I remember you posting about your Eaglets. Isn't modern technology wonderful?

  becomingkate

March 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM

They're so beautiful!

  Doug

March 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Raptors are such interesting birds, and I rarely see any here. We don't even have eagles in this part of the country.

  Country-Girl

March 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I was just thinking about this earlier today! I remember you writing about it last year. So cool!!


The MN Zoo did one with tigers a few year back, that was really neat too!

  gillardia

March 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM

That is so cool!

Gill