My adventurous day

Today was shower day, always traumatic because even though I have a stool I have to stand up sometimes and balancing on one leg is treacherous. I can just see me falling and breaking something else!

So Paul said, why don't you take a bath in the Jacuzzi? It's big and you could just lounge around and read and soak for a while. I thought about that. It involved getting upstairs but we solved that problem. We figured out that if I took it easy I could do it. I decided I had to scoot up the stairs one step at a time. I had to go a few steps and rest, go a few more and rest, but I made it.

Paul had it all set up for me. The soap, shampoo, good smelling body wash, my book and Dr. Pepper were all setting on the ledge. The bath was run, smelling wonderful. It's a big one, big enough for four people. Don't ask me why! By the way, there's never been more than two people in it... :)

I got in and it was Heaven! I leaned back, enjoying the warmth and the smells. I soaked a while, scrubbed a while, lay back and read and drank Dr. Pepper. I wanted to stay there all day! Paul kept popping in to see if I was all right or wanted to get out. I kept saying just leave me alone and let me enjoy this. So he got the phone and told me to call when I was ready to get out. After a while I called, he got me out, I moisturized, blow dried my hair (which is long and scraggly again) and felt like a new person!

Back on with the boot/cast, scoot down the steps on my butt and fall into bed and sleep a couple of hours. He woke me up to eat and here I am.

We don't have a penny to our name but we have a Jacuzzi! And I'm going to use it every other day. At least while I'm incapacitated like I am now. It was worth the trip upstairs.

So that's my story. A good day for a change!

16 comments:

  Country-Girl

January 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM

That sound divine! Someday I hope to put one in this house. :-) Paul is such a sweetie!! I am glad he is pampering you.


Love you!!

  Reticent Meanderings

January 9, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I'm so glad for you! And you didn't have to worry about the water getting cold like you always did with the shower! :)

The jacuzzi is probably good for you too because it was relaxing and stimulates blood flow (can enhance healing!). Hospitals, etc., sometimes call that hydrotherapy and charge big bucks for it.

*Hugs*

  Benita

January 9, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Sounds like you had a good, relaxing day, Betty! I hope you feel better and get back to normal real soon! ((hugs))

  Xanadu

January 9, 2009 at 5:46 AM

Some people go to a spa and pay top dollar for treatment like that. Paul is so sweet to take care of you like that. Glad you had an enjoyable day. You deserve it. Hugs.

  Anonymous

January 9, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Going up and down the stairs like that, would that be called the "butt scootin boogie"?! As Charm said, it does have healing benefits.

  Dorrie

January 9, 2009 at 7:52 AM

that sounds so heavenly!!! I'm sure it made you feel so much better!

Paul is a real sweety!! give him a big hug from me, ok?

  Anonymous

January 9, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I'm so glad you have a place to soak away your pain, and relax! What a blessing!

{{hugs}} (db) Gina

  Before 10

January 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM

glad you enjoyed the jacuzzi!
I'd be using that thing all the time now!
spoil yourself!

  Tristram

January 9, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I want a jacuzzi! :0)

  Doug

January 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I should bathe once in a while for a change. I mean, instead of a shower. Yeah :-)

  becomingkate

January 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It sounds wonderful Betty! I'm so glad the day was pleasant. We had a good one too. *hugs*

  Dani

January 10, 2009 at 6:11 AM

Glad you are being pampered. I love this layout. If and when you have time, could you help me out?? Pretty please????

  Anonymous

January 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM

OH there you go! That does sound wonderful and just what you needed! Great "me" time!

  Anonymous

January 10, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Oh that does sound heavenly!

  gillardia

January 11, 2009 at 1:15 PM

That sounds just wonderful!! I miss my bathtub with jets. It wasn't bigger than a regular tub, but the jets were just wonderful! I didn't use it enough... shame...

You keep doing it if it made you feel good. :-)

Gill

  Itiswell

January 13, 2009 at 5:54 PM

If I had a Jacuzzi, I would use it as much as possible! I hope you heal quick. (((hugs)))