Strange but true...

My sister Sal called today and told me to go and read Kate's journal because she knows about all the strange happenings in this house. Some of you may remember when I wrote an entry describing some of the bad things that happened. They immediately started happening again so I deleted the entry from my journal and my hard drive and they stopped. What started happening after I broke my foot is not scary, it's a little humorous until you stop and really think about it.

Lisa bought Molly an Eeyore toy that talks. It was Molly's favorite. She lugged it around everywhere and kept making it talk. Then Lisa bought a talking rat and Molly transfered her affection to that and left Eeyore alone for a while but she always went back to him.

One night we were sitting here and Eeyore was in the kitchen. He started talking. We looked at each other and Paul said his mechanism was probably messed up. He picked him up and put him on a shelf under the microwave. He talked for a while then he shut up. Molly wouldn't have anything to do with him, she acted afraid of him.

This went on for a few days, Eeyore would just start talking now and then. There's times that he's silent for a long time and then there he goes again. We brushed it off as his talking thing being broken.

Then the other night Paul went to the store. It was quiet here, the TV was on low, then all of a sudden Eeyore starts talking and it kind of spooked me but I thought, oh well...then out of the dining room more toys started talking; the goat bleated, the rat squeaked, the kitten meowed...it was like a chorus of talking toys. I was so totally freaked by the time Paul got home I was almost in tears and I was stranded in my desk chair because the wheelchair was in the kitchen. Paul heard them talking, turned white, and then they immediately stopped! Now Molly stays away from all of them. It's like she senses that "something" is making them talk. Because of the history of this house we're afraid to throw them away. I can't explain why because I'm afraid to.

That is my strange but true story and it's mild for this house!

20 comments:

  greeneyes67

January 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM

We have had so many events like that in our homes. Music boxes playing, lights going on and off. I know it's real!! It freaks me out but only sometimes. Glad to have found you Betty!! I've missed you :(

  Sound Echo

January 4, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Yikes! It was funny until ALL the toys started talking at once! That would have creeped me right out, and with the way I am right now, I probably would have started sobbing!

  Reticent Meanderings

January 4, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I don't know what to say about that, Betty. That is really odd. I can understand why you were unnerved by that. I remember the post you made in your old blog about the time Sally thought you were trying to call her with your cell phone when you were already on the phone with her. That was odd and creepy too. O.O

*Hugs*

  becomingkate

January 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Holy crap, Betty that would have freaked me out too! I think I'd want to throw them out, and maybe have someone come and look at them first.
I hope this strange stuff stops for both of us. *hugs*

  Sunny

January 4, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Oh my goodness...here I'm reading this and about ready to fall into my cozy bed

and now will cover my head with blanket so the 'things' don't get me!

That IS creepy, scarey too.

But houses are known to do weird things because of former residents.

((Hugs)) and love and be safe!

  Labetine

January 4, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Thanks everyone. It really is strange. I know if we got rid of them something else would happen so we keep them in the other room and just let them chatter all they want. Remember the movie where at night all the dolls and toys talked to each other? Creeeeepy!!!

  Sally

January 4, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Oh, that so sucks. I AM NOT COMING OVER THERE...EVER! Move right away!

  likeisaid

January 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Haha, Sally you won't come over here because of a few little strange things? Chicken. ;-)

  Benita

January 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Betty, this made me scared just reading about it! I hope that never happens to you again! I'd be terrified, too!

  Country-Girl

January 5, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Yikes! We haven't had anything strange happen in a while *knock on wood*. About a month ago it soundest like someone was stomping on the roof outside! It happened for three nights in a row at 2:06 in the morning. I was home alone- SCARY!! Then it sounded like the windows were cracking. Then the kitchen light kept going on and off; I was in the opposite end of the house! Really freaked me out!



I know what you mean about not wanting to throw the toys out. Maybe sprinkle Holy water on them or put salt on them. Scary stuff!!



Big huge hugs!!!!

  Doug

January 5, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I think it's all rather interesting. Make a video the next time they start chattering, Betty ;-)

  fitzgerald

January 5, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I love talking toys. What exactly are they saying, I mean does it make sense in any kind of context.

Maybe they are trying to tell you something. And if someone is trying to tell you something by using toys, they must be a kind soul.

At least that is what I think. But what do I know. :)

  SunTiger

January 5, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Fascinating post! (Thank you for the fun read) The thing to remember, Betty, is that NOBODY GOT HURT. It's amazing how fearful we can get when the unexplained happens -- and yet nobody, as far as I know, has ever died from the spontaneous eruption of toys talking.

{Richest blessings}
~ SunTiger

  Anonymous

January 5, 2009 at 7:09 PM

It does remind me of several Twilight Zone episodes.

I think anybody would find it unnerving if one talked, but a chorus of them, all at once, would truly be frightening.

Fin

  Xanadu

January 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I remember the phone incident with Sally, the story of when your tight ring flew off your finger, etc. Do you know anything about the history of your house, such as who the previous owners were, if anyone died there, etc.? It sounds like nothing bad has happened, but it would still freak me out. Maybe have the toys blessed or something. That's just too freaky. Take care. Hugs.

  Roz

January 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I don't think I would like that at all. So far I don't think we have anything like that going on here.
Roz

  Itiswell

January 6, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I think you need to call The Atlantic Paranormal Society. You can go on their website and see if they have a chapter near you. The are modern day ghostbusters. I would give them a call, and the service is free. That is freaky, and I would be scared to stay in my own house.

  Sally

January 7, 2009 at 6:07 AM

With a name like Eeyore, no wonder he starts talking by himself, hehe!

  Labetine

January 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone...Linda, we talked to a parapsychologist (not sure how to spell it) and several places. One person came over and talked to us but we never heard from him again, lol.
Sal, haha, he's cute..or was. :)

  Labetine

January 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Oh I forgot...Fitz, it actually sounds like they're talking to each other. They've been silent now for almost 2 days...crossing fingers...:)