Starting a new year

It started off with a bang. I watched the ball fall in Times Square then I called Paul on the phone in the bedroom and said Happy New Year. He mumbled same to you, I'll be there in a minute. Three hours later he's still sleeping and I'm struggling with the wheelchair and the walker, trying to get to the bathroom and bed. He was so sick last night I almost called 911 but he perked up a little today. I think taking care of me is wearing him out. I do as much as I can without help but that isn't much. I have a one-legged shuffle that takes me here and there but I'm scared to death that I'll fall and break something else! I wish we could hire someone to help out for a while. Oh well, things happen.

Usually at midnight on New Year's Eve we have a bowl of blackeyed peas and a glass of wine or champagne. This year we skipped it. We haven't even eaten the blackeyed peas yet. Paul got some but we both commented that we've eaten them every year and look at all that's happened! I don't know, I guess we'll have a spoonful just because.

I'm getting used to this place but I sure miss the home page and the comments. Slowly but surely I'm finding my friends, most of them anyway. Some I guess will just disappear. All the addresses I had in PMs that I meant to write down and kept forgetting, now they're gone. :(

All I can say is, life goes on.

I hope we can all manage to stay together and not lose touch. My email is rossandmirum@aol.com, just in case. Ross was my grandfather and Mirum was my grandmother. It's a nostalgic screenname. :)

Take care and onward and upward!

11 comments:

  Sally

January 1, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I hope you're wearing that cast like you're suppose to be. Did I mention that before? :) Maybe things will start looking up real soon. I can't wait til you can help me with these layouts. Love ya!

  SunTiger

January 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Well, amazingly, when I switched to blogspot from JS, I kept "getting" that my friends on that server would follow. I didn't realize, at the time, that it would take a huge technological crash to make that happen but I am so VERY glad you are HERE! {I just subscribed to you.}

The attributes I like about blogspot (over JS) are MANY but one thing you will enjoy is a paragraph-sized notation that alerts you to the content of the blogs you subscribe to -- so you know who has updated their blog from the last time you visited.

WELCOME BETTY! {Hope you are doing better, physically, very soon.}

~ SunTiger

  Labetine

January 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Sal, yes dear, I'm wearing the cast. So much so that my foot feels naked without it and very vulnerable. It's still black and numb in places. :(
I hope I can figure out the layouts. I'm trying. Love you too!

  Xanadu

January 2, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I've been out of touch, but it sounds like things aren't going well for you. Walker, wheelchair? Yikes! Take care of you. I really don't like this new place, but since JS is gone, I figured I'd give this a shot. Hugs!

  AK™

January 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM

*waves hi*
happy new year and a speedy recovery

  Linda

January 2, 2009 at 7:27 AM

It's still very strange without JS yet I find it amazing on how we are all finding each other. I hope I am able to find most of my friends...sadly I did not back up my PMs with contact info. Hope you feel better.

  Tristram

January 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM

JS going is a big blow but we seem to be rebuilding both here and on Dorrie's page.

I'm out of touch too, wheelchair and walker?

take care of yourself!

  becomingkate

January 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I hope your foot heals quickly Betty. *hugs*

  fitzgerald

January 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I hope you get well soon Betty. And I love how you are changing your layouts here too. Just like old times.

Take care.

  Labetine

January 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Thanks everyone! Xanadu, so glad to see you again! It seems the family is gathering around. :)
Fitz, it sure isn't the same. I can't make the layouts my own like I could on JS. Oh well, such is life.
(((hugs))) to all!

  paulafrances

January 2, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Hi dear, I certainly hope you ate your blackeyed peas so Big Daddy didn't have to turn over in his grave...
I may be out there in a few days. Still up in the air on that!
Love
sis