No, I'm not over it...

I was doing all right, read my last post, until I wandered over to my friend's journal and saw a video that she made when we had JS Appreciation Day. I sat here and cried like a baby. Even Paul got choked up. I started thinking about JS.

I've told this before but I feel like telling it again...

My sister Paula found JS and then my other sister, Sally, started writing there. They both begged me to start a journal but I didn't want to. It seemed silly to write things online for everyone to read. But they finally got me to open one. It sat for almost a year before I got up the nerve to write. It helped that they already had friends there so I was welcomed by a few right away. Three of my very first commentors were Charm, Wizzy and Roz. I started getting the hang of it and then found many more friends.

Soon I was writing daily. Then I found out that it was possible to change your layout. I started changing it practically every day. It took a lot of trial and error but I loved it. It became a daily thing to work on layouts and write about my life. Some I wish I hadn't written but it's gone now, anyway. I have a very private journal about my life that only my sisters and children will see after I'm gone.

JS was slow, some journals I was never able to get in regularly. The new and improved "Peanut" was a mess at first but as long as I had the Nostalgia Corner I didn't mind. We had unscheduled maintenance a lot, most of the time when I had something I really wanted to write. Close to the end PM's were very slow, sometimes I couldn't even use them. I should have backed up when all this started getting more frequent but, hey, JS had it's ups and downs but it always came back. Nothing could take my JS away.

Sadly, something did and it's gone. I had passed my 65,000 readers mark and was going to announce who it was. It was Benb. Thank you, Ben for being one of my milestones.

So tonight I'm really missing JS. I made many friends there (and as far as I know only one enemy) but there's a few that I suppose I'll never hear from again. Two who were very dear to me were Benny and Ana-I-M-G. They had stopped writing because of the new system but we were very close. I got a Christmas card from Ana and now I'll write her back and tell her about JS. I miss Harry and wish we could find him. I hate when people you're close to just disappear.

Like I said, (I really miss that name, too), I like blogspot but it just doesn't feel like home. Maybe it will someday, and maybe not.

Goodbye JS, thanks for the memories.

22 comments:

  Country-Girl

January 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I'm sorry sweetie. ;-( I really do miss JS, A LOT!!! You were one of my very first friends over there, and are now one of my favorite friends.


Maybe someone will purchase JS and bring it back up and have more time/money to fix all the glitches. Who knows.



We should have a JS Memorial Day where everyone writes a bit about JS.



Love ya sweetie! Sending big huge hugs your way!!!

  BonnieBehave

January 2, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I miss JS, but I'm moving on slowly but surely. It's helped me a lot to find most of my faves here at BlogSpot. Takes the sting out some.

The feature I'm missing most, though, is the homepage. That was really helpful. I didn't realize how much until now.

  Labetine

January 3, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Monika, I needed to grieve a little more. I guess I'll get over it, it's just sad. I hope someone does restore it but I'm not going to hold my breath. Thanks, sweet. Hugs and love back. :)

Bonnie, I was moving on but that video really got to me. JS was such a good place. It's great that our friends are staying in touch. I hope they keep doing it. Thanks so much. :)

  Pastor Larry

January 3, 2009 at 5:12 AM

We all are missing JS

  Tammy

January 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM

I miss it terribly, but each time I log on here I find another old friend. That helps tremendously.

  Xanadu

January 3, 2009 at 6:49 AM

It's sad about JS. I also made lots of friends there, and missed everyone when I deleted my journal. I ain't making promises that I'll stay here, since I really don't like blogspot, but I'm seeing alot of familiar names here. A lot of people who promised to stay in touch with me from JS when I left never did, so that kinda sucked. Take care. I always love reading your journal. HUGS.

  Tristram

January 3, 2009 at 7:23 AM

I'm missing it too today, very much so.

  Anonymous

January 3, 2009 at 7:25 AM

I cried too after watching the JSAD video. I'm still learning my way around here but I'm glad we can follow each other. Love and hugs to you ~S~

  Sally

January 3, 2009 at 8:49 AM

JS was cool. I like it over here. Just wish I knew how to make a pretty journal! Cheer up, Sis. It could always be worse. I think just about everybody is over here. The thing I hated was that JS was down so much of the time or you couldn't log in or whatever. We should have never paid for that crap. Love ya!

  old solider

January 3, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I too have felt such a loss from the demise of JS.Im tickled to death to have found you again my friend HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS to you

  Doug

January 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Nothing is constant but change. I miss JS, but I would miss my JS friends more if they had disappeared as well. But, there are still a bunch of us around, eh?

  Unknown

January 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Hi Betty,
I'm so glad I found you. I was on Chram's blog and saw a comment you left. It looks like I'll find a lot more folks by finding you. I'm so glad of that.

Wishing you an absolutely wonderful 2009. May this be the year that things really, really turn around for you and Paul.
Big, big hugs to you.

  Labetine

January 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Thanks (((friends))), it's late at night that I feel the loss. It's better this morning. Just seeing your names makes me feel better, and Harry's here so that's wonderful. :)

  MauritaMason

January 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I'm hoping it's no different than moving to a new house. We'll learn to love it eventually.

GREAT to see you. :)

  SunTiger

January 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Change is always difficult. I'm glad the winds blew you this way. {Hugs.}

  Sunny

January 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

(((Betty))) I just knew you would take the js kerplunk very hard, harder than most.

It will get better. :)

At least a whole bunch of us are here!

Love you, ((BigHugs))

  Sunny

January 3, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Oh and wow, you are doing a fabulous job here with your layouts! heheee, here ya go again, changing already!!

love and ((hugs))

  Linda

January 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM

That was a great video. I'm missing JS today...and trying to move on.

  Anonymous

January 4, 2009 at 2:06 AM

There's a little part of me that misses JS but I divorced it say a year ago when things got ridiculous. But still, the friendships that were made and maintained and all the funnies, {{hugs}}, laughs and tears that were shared there are unforgettable. I made some good friends there.

  Dorrie

January 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

JS is gone? really? well I'll be danged.... lol

Yep, I miss it and I still haven't gotten used to the new situation. I don't think we could ever have those games like appreciation day or Secret Santa on these other sites *snif*

  paulafrances

January 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I miss my entries, remember the whole story of mother's death? I feel cheated.
Is it gonna be likeisaid or labetine? I came over to put you on my blog list, but you know me, I can't do two, I'm doing great to keep up with one. wish I could pm you!
Love sis

  Labetine

January 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Paula, I know .. what a loss. Remember the stories of my life? I hope I saved them but I'm not holding out hope. And some of the pictures I can't find. :(